Scroll down to view photos and videos of your favorite dancer.
Dear Friends and Family,
I’m super excited (and a little nervous) to be dancing in this year’s Boca’s Annual Ballroom Battle. Following a summer of practice and intense dance lessons with my professional dance partner, I will dance in front of over 800 people at the Boca Resort and Club on Friday, August 28th.
Here’s the deal: EVERY DOLLAR raised directly supports our local most deserving young men and women advancing their academic goals and aspirations. I have met students who have received the scholarship and their appreciation and humility is incredible. All of the donations raised go directly to The George Snow Scholarship Fund, and are 100% tax deductible. In 2014 alone, $637,000 in scholarships was awarded to 84 very deserving scholars. The Fund is setting a standard for meeting the educational needs of our community. Please come and cheer me on (posters, balloons, confetti, sequins—all welcome)!
If you would like to attend, I have purchased tables and would LOVE for you to sit with our group. Let me know if you can attend ASAP, the tickets will be quickly spoken for and the venue is almost sold out.
This competition is fierce–Please consider donating on my behalf. No amount is too small! I am counting on my family and friends to help me raise as much scholarship money as possible. There are still a few sponsorships available-I’ve attached the info if you are interested. If you own a business the exposure is tremendous!
Here’s how to donate:
1. Go online to www.ballroombattle.com and click on “Donate”.
Please be sure to put Holly Meehan as the “dancer I’m supporting” in order to be counted toward my fundraising total.
2. You can purchase ads of support in the playbill online at www.ballroombattle.com
3. You may mail a check payable, again on my behalf to:
George Snow Scholarship Fund
201 Plaza Real, Suite 260
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I know many of you support my charitable asks throughout the year, and I deeply appreciate your generosity.
Thank you a thousand times for joining me in celebration of The George Snow Scholarship Fund. I hope your heart is filled with love and laughter and that these scholars obtain the education for which they have worked so hard.
All my best,
Holly has always been full of personality and challenged the status quo from a very young age, so it comes to no surprise that she agreed to Battle it out in the Ballroom. Holly’s parents instilled in her the importance of hard work, family values, and giving back to the community. She is currently on the Board of the Boca Raton Historical Society and Saint Andrew’s Parents Association. As a dedicated member of the Junior League of Boca Raton, she planted her roots in Boca Raton by chairing the prestigious Woman Volunteer of the Year luncheon and fashion show and is proud to be co-chairing an upcoming JLBR event in the Spring. Bottom–line driven, Holly is committed to successful organizations that serve and The George Snow Scholarship Fund is a foundation for that high standard.
With a background in Marketing and a career that took her from New York to L.A. and back home to South Florida, Holly followed her path toward Photography where she thrives on capturing simple images with a modern twist. She spends her time volunteering where she is needed, tending her garden, and enjoying good times with family and friends.
1. I’m thankful for my husband and three amazing children.
2. I’m thankful for my parents.
3. I’m thankful for my friends.
4. I’m thankful that I don’t need anything to remind me that I should be thankful.
5. AND, I’m thankful for all of you who took the time to read this. I know many of you support my charitable asks throughout the year, and you know I am passionate about every one of them. This is our community and our responsibility to take action and I thank you for joining me in celebration of the George Snow Scholarship Fund. I hope your heart is filled with love and laughter and that you understand…”The fun we are about to have is helping our local scholars obtain the education for which they have worked so hard.”
In 2014 alone $637,000 in scholarships were awarded to 84 students.